Nurhan Dunford, Ph.D., P.E.
Professor, oil/oilseed specialist
Department of Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering
Robert M. Kerr Food And Agricultural Products Center
|B.S.||Chemical Engineering, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey, 1978
||Chemistry, University of Ankara, Ankara, Turkey,1984
||Food Process Engineering, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, 1990
||Food Process Engineering, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, 1995|
Dunford’s research focuses on improving existing and developing new bioprocessing technologies; examining potential of non-food biomass as biofuel and bioproduct feedstocks; and advancing utilization of by-products/waste streams for biofuel production and value-added product development.
“Biofuels and bioproduct development research requires a multidisciplinary approach. This center brings together a group of researchers who possess diverse expertise. My goal is to contribute to the advancement of the research carried out in Oklahoma.”
||Fundamentals of Bioproduct Engineering|
|BAE 5030-352||Advanced Bioproduct Process Engineering|
|BAE 5501||Graduate Seminar
- Dunford, Nurhan T. and Su, Aihua. 2010. Effect of Canola Oil Quality on Biodiesel Conversion Efficiency and Properties. Trans ASABE, 53(3):993-997.
- Dunford, N.T. and Edwards, J. 2010. Health Beneficial Bioactive Components of Wheat Straw as Affected by Genotype and Environment. Bioresource Technology, 101:422-425.
- Dunford, N.T., Irmak, S. and Jonnala, R. 2010. Pressurized Solvent Extraction of Policosanol from Wheat Straw, Germ and Bran. Food Chemistry, 119:1246-1249.
- N.T. Dunford, A. Su and J. Morris. Potential of Jatropha and Syringa Oils as Biodiesel Feedstocks as Compared to Canola Oil. American Oil Chemists Society Annual Meeting and Expo, Orlando, FL, May 3-6, 2009, Abstract.
- Fact Sheets: FAPC-149: Biodiesel Glossary, FAPC-150: Biodiesel Production Techniques, FAPC-153: Oil and Oilseed processing I: Oilseed Handling, Storage and Pre-treatment, FAPC-159: Oil and Oilseed processing II: Oil Extraction Techniques, FAPC-160: Oil and Oilseed processing III: Crude Oil Refining and Preparation for Biodiesel Production.
- Nurhan Turgut Dunford and Jerry. W. King. January 13, 2004. Supercritical Fluid Fractionation Process for Phytosterol Ester Enrichment in Vegetable Oils. U.S. 6,677,469 B1.
- Nurhan Turgut Dunford. 2005. Germ Oils from Different Sources. In: Bailey’s Industrial Oil and Fat Products, 6th Edition. Editor: F. Shahidi. John Wiley and Sons, N.J. Vol. 3, “Edible Oil and Fat Products: Specialty Oils and Oil Products”, Ch. 8, pp. 195-231.
- N.T. Dunford and H.B. Dunford (Editors). 2004. Nutritionally Enhanced Oil and Oilseed Processing. AOCS Press, Champaign, IL.
- Nurhan Turgut Dunford, Jerry, W. King, Gary R. List. Supercritical Fluid Extraction in Food Engineering. In: Extraction Optimization in Food Engineering. Editors: C. Tzia and G. Liadakis. Chapter 3, pp. 57-93. Marcel Dekker, Inc., NY. 2003.
- Dunford, N. T., Goto, M., Temelli, F. 1998. Modeling of oil extraction with supercritical carbon dioxide from Atlantic mackerel Scomber scombrus) at different moisture contents. Journal of Supercritical Fluids, 13(1998):303-309.